McTurks and Daylight Saving Time..please note
Alex Birch
2006-03-25 16:34:56 UTC
This Sunday morning all clocks in the European Union go forward one hour, the
one week of the year when we are out of time sync with the United States and
Canada.

I shall therefore be at McTurks at 10pm as usual which, for this week only until
your clocks go forward next week, will be 4pm US eastern time rather than 5pm.

Rather than leave me talking to myself it would be great if a few of you could
get there earlier this week.

Its a fun filled couple of hours to chat with fellow spankos so come along and
join in!!

Finding us:_

To get onto 'McTurks' if you are not an AOL subscriber, you need AOL's Instant
Messenger (IM) product which can be downloaded free of charge.

You need to register a user screen name with AOL and , when that is
acknowleged, perform the following:-

When you have logged in to IM under your user screen name, click the 'People'
tab.

Within the 'People' list, click 'send chat invitation'

When the chat invitation box comes up perform the following:-

Within the section 'screen names to invite', enter your own screen name

Ignore 'Invitation message'

Within 'chat room' delete the default number allocated and replace it with
'mcturks' (without the quotes)

Then hit 'send' and you should be in the 'mcturks' chat room.

Good luck and hope you enjoy chatting with us.

Alex
--
'They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
The Guv'nor
2006-03-26 03:32:50 UTC
Post by Alex Birch
This Sunday morning all clocks in the European Union go forward one hour,
the
one week of the year when we are out of time sync with the United States
and
Canada.
I shall therefore be at McTurks at 10pm as usual which, for this week only
until
your clocks go forward next week, will be 4pm US eastern time rather than
5pm.
For this year only, Australia will be out of sync as well Alex.

Daylight saving ends on Sunday 2 April 2006 at 3 a.m. when our clocks are
put back one hour. Parliament legislated to extend daylight saving in 2006
to coincide with the Commonwealth Games.

Daylight saving in the 2006/2007 summer will revert to the standard period

Mike
Finger on the pulse and an "i On Global Trends"
http://ionglobaltrends.blogspot.com/
As featured on "NewsNow."
Don't be a wanabee, be a "Trendy"