in the newws...Oberman vs. O'Reilly
PMS6666
2005-12-15 00:19:08 UTC
Item: On October 24, it was Bill O'Reilly once more, in an especially
instructive example of Mr. Olbermann's tendency toward misrepresentation.
Mr. O'Reilly was quoted as saying:

Now in the Great Depression, every American got spanked. And those
Americans went to war during World War II and won the very intense
conflict and showed bravery across the board, the Greatest Generation.
The Greatest Generation, almost down to the man, was spanked, 'cause
that's the way we did it in America. OK?

Mr. Olbermann reacted:

The Big Giant head again, explaining to his radio audience that we won
the Second World War because of spanking.... He's about four minutes
away from being committed.

The complete story is here:
http://newsbusters.org/node/3176
--
PMS6666 ***@Spambob.com
Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a
few will catch your heart...pursue those.
toyroy , _exercise@lara.pathlink.com, _die_anyway.com@lara.pathlink.com

GrumpyOldPapa
2005-12-17 04:31:11 UTC
Why is it that when I see the name "Olbermann" my brain translates
that into "Doberman?"

Papa
toyroy , _exercise@lara.pathlink.com, _die_anyway.com@lara.pathlink.com
2005-12-17 08:43:24 UTC
When I see Olbermann, I think TV sports reporter. In L.A., that's what he always
was.

Of course, that should give encouragement to anyone aspiring to talking head
status. Next up, Cal Worthington and his dog Spot take on the beltway. :)

Roy

In article <***@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
GrumpyOldPapa says...