Announcemet: 'Flaming Cheeks'
Alex Birch
2006-04-08 07:02:34 UTC
Hi everyone at ASRM

I have spoken with Mike and he is happy that I post this here and its an
edited (for ASRM) copy of a post I made to ASSM a couple of days back. I
hope some of the ASRM posters might join with me in the new venture

On Monday April 10th I am launching a new web based spanking forum called
'Flaming Cheeks'

I have reached the conclusion that, love USENET and its freedoms though I
do, that the growth capacity for USENET groups has declined significantly
for a number of reasons, one of which is generational empathy with web based
forae and another being the decision of AOL to axe its USENET newsgroup
support.

I am hoping that, in addition to the posters we already have, and my
grateful thanks to so many who have done sterling work in helping me test
the new board, we can attract a whole new swathe of people who are
unfamiliar with USENET, plus friends from other USENET groups who feel as I
do..

It is obvious that a web forum is much more accessible to all and doesn't
need to be carried by an ISP in the way a USENET group does so I am hoping
that will attract more people.

I am conscious too of the negatives. Web forums are more easily closed down
if owners of the board host mechanism become uncomfortable with the nature
of the group or the social tide changes and an air of legal repression
sweeps the western world. I am also conscious that many people feel that
web forums are a 'dumbing down' of serious chat.

Conscious of all that and that there are many forae already out there I'm
prepared to take the chance that out of this we will get a new infusion of
energy and a board we can all be proud of.

The new board, like all web forae, requires membership but thats a 2 minute
job and its free. If you would like to join us, and I sincerely hope you
do, then the URL of the board is

http://com2.runboard.com/bflamingcheeks.fmainchat

You willl need to register with 'Runboard' and then apply for membership and
all that is dead easy and you will be guided when you access the screen . I
was going to run this as an open board without membership but that IS one of
the conditions of hosting and adult board, I'm afraid, and it really is no
big deal.

If you do apply please note that membership applications will not be dealt
with until Monday when the board opens for business and I will acknowledge
any membership applications then. It doesnt stop you applying but they will
just queue until then.

All questions welcome and I do hope you want to join us in this new
adventure.

Alex
"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.
Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they
consider god-fearing and pious" - Aristotle 384-322 BC.
The Guv'nor
2006-04-11 12:53:13 UTC
Fourth bloody attempt at posting!
Post by Alex Birch
Hi everyone at ASRM
I have spoken with Mike and he is happy that I post this here and its an
edited (for ASRM) copy of a post I made to ASSM a couple of days back. I
hope some of the ASRM posters might join with me in the new venture
On Monday April 10th I am launching a new web based spanking forum called
'Flaming Cheeks'
I have reached the conclusion that, love USENET and its freedoms though I
do, that the growth capacity for USENET groups has declined significantly
for a number of reasons, one of which is generational empathy with web based
forae and another being the decision of AOL to axe its USENET newsgroup
support.
Alex has spoken to me about "Flaming Cheeks" and he has my full
support,
encouragement and best wishes.

USENET is basically dead. The unpopular but sensible decision of AOL to
drop
a dead donkey was the death knell for a medium that had been dying
because
it's potential had been stifled.

I think it has become obvious that I have lost interest in USENET and
in
ASRM and I will shortly be making a decision about my future on this
medium.

Mike
Finger on the pulse and an "i On Global Trends"
http://ionglobaltrends.blogspot.com/
As featured on "NewsNow."
Don't be a wanabee, be a "Trendy"