Drive-by spanking
The Guv'nor
2006-02-25 02:24:33 UTC
A Colombian man has been sentenced to four years' house arrest for slapping
a woman's bottom as he rode by her on his bicycle, sparking debate on
whether the punishment fit the crime.
Showing re-enactments of the incident, television news shows were filled on
Friday with legal experts offering opinions about the judgment handed down
earlier in the week by Bogota's district court.

Some said that to confine bicycle messenger Victor Garcia to his home for
four years for smacking Diana Marcela Diaz's buttocks was excessive. Others
said it would deter other men.
One program showed three models having their denim clad bottoms smacked so
hard by a phantom hand it could be clearly heard by television viewers.

The women said that while the punishment seemed extreme, they hoped the case
would mean they would be safer while on foot.

"It happened to me once," one of the models said.

"I was walking very relaxed and a guy rode by on his bicycle and, 'ta!' He
smacked me. I took off my shoe to hit him with it but he was already too far
away."

Mike
Finger on the pulse and an "i On Global Trends"
http://ionglobaltrends.blogspot.com/
As featured on "NewsNow."
Don't be a wanabee, be a "Trendy"
SG
2006-02-25 10:11:01 UTC
LOL, this is serious, yet comical! I say give the man 4 years house
arrest, hehe! ;)))

Hugz,
SG
The Guv'nor
2006-02-25 11:32:23 UTC
Post by SG
LOL, this is serious, yet comical! I say give the man 4 years house
arrest, hehe! ;)))
The cyclist was in Colombia - maybe he we was a dope peddler:)

Mike
I keep telling Lord Warne, he's too old for that sort of thing:)